Monday, May 28, 2007

We had another good morning meeting with Max today. He prefers drinking out of the water bottle now. Mid way through the meeting it was obvious how tired he was so Iris rocked him to sleep. Isn't the close up cute? The temperature outside today is about twenty degrees cooler and it is a windy day so after the meeting we had the taxi drop us off early so we could walk. It was a nice walk and I was able to take some pictures I had been wanting to get for a while. There is one of the opera house. One picture has a hidden message in it. Can you find it? We took a photo of a couple of police. It is bizarre how they get people to pull over. They are rarely inside their vehicle unless they are driving somewhere. They usually stand outside there car like in the picture. When they want you to pull over they just point at you with their baton and motion toward the curb. It works. We haven't seen anyone ignore them yet. It would work for me. I would not want to spend any time in a Ukrainian jail. How do you like the huge cannon? One of the photos is of an orthodox church. Many of the orthodox churches are very ornate. Not much else to talk about today. We are going to walk around the city a little more and maybe pick up a few items from the grocery before we go back to the flat. We are going to enjoy this cool day while we can. The forcast shows it will be back up in the mid 90's for the rest of the week. Enjoy the pictures!



















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Iris is always a natural at getting the babies to sleep! Maxim looks peaceful! We have started the count down to june 1st! How big of a city are you in? It seems you still haven't run out of sites to see?! Looking forward to your next blog! You guys posted two hours after I posted last night! love dawn

Anonymous said...

Iris and Jim,

Great pictures, I've enjoyed following the journal. So is Maxim also a drugstore, record store, ...? Just curious.

See you soon!

Rex Watters

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

I love that picture of the cannon... it's so ornate. I wonder what is says on the top.

Iris... just to let you know. Seasons passes to Kentucky Kingdom are the same price as a one day pass right now. I don't know how long that will be.

Amber, Colt, DJ....Mom-Mom will buy them for you I bet (hi mama-love you) I think Max will be free!

Oh my gosh... you guys are going to have so much fun together.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. The pictures are great. Iris Max looks so peaceful in your arms. He is so lucky to have you & G. I'm counting down the days now. I can't wait. Hugs & Kisses. Kris
Oh yeah your hair looks awesome:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all the sites you are able to see and share. It is so interesting to see all the different sites. Max looks so content and secure in mom's arms. I know you are counting the days. I just got back from Cleveland visiting all the girls. It is so hard to believe they are going to be 8 years old. All the teachers are constantly asking how everything is going. Coleton is doing great. I didn't know he had never gotten the Citizenship award. He was beaming. The kids voted for him to get it. Pretty cool uh! Two citizenship awards in your house. Great kids.
talk with ya later, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Jim- I found the hidden picture. I think it is cool that Max's name is in lights. Miss you alot. I can't believe it is almost time for you to come home. I can't wait! Love you, Grace

Anonymous said...

I've loved reading your blogs. What an experience. I'm so excited for all of you. Your son is beautiful and he looks perfect in your arms Iris. You are so great with kids. I hope we don't have to wait until school starts up to meet Max. I know how busy and exciting things will be for you all when you get home.
Take Care!
Kelli and family

Anonymous said...

Iris and Jim,
I looked up the definition for Maxim it is Latin for "Great" or "Greatness". Just thought you might be interested. I loved the picture of Maxim with his finger in his mouth and especially the one of Iris holding him. From your blogs it seems that Maxim takes a nap around 10 or 11 am. That will be 6 pm our time, I bet it will take him a little while to get adjusted to day light savings time. Love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Great pictures. Max seems very content in Mom's arms. I look forward to your blogs, it makes all of us feel like we are going through this with you. Praying for a safe return. See ya soon.
Love Robbie

Anonymous said...

Iris & Jim,

Boy, you can tell I've been out of circulation for quite awhile. ha ha I had no idea you were going to adopt a child. I know everyone is so excited. I think it is a great thing that you are doing!! Wayne & I foster children, we've had five so far, and it is truly a rewarding experience. Children are such a precious gift. This child will be truly blessed, as you all are to have him. Wayne and I feel blessed too, to have made a difference in the life of a child, or lives of children. The world is a tough place and they didn't ask to be brought into this world. The least we can all do is come together and make it a better place for them and all the children that cross our paths in life.

I have to say too, that I think Maxim looks a whole lot like Jim!!!

Well, I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you too, and hope you all get home safely!

Sharee/Wayne/Derek/Tyler Sadler