Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hello again from Donetsk. We hope everthing is going well for everyone at home. It has been so great to use this blog to keep in touch with everyone. Thanks for all of the interest and comments. We let max drink from a water bottle by himself yesturday. They were the ones we had brought for ourselves but he wanted to try, so we let him. He does pretty good and usually doesn't spill any. There was one time that he spilled a little on the ground. When he bent over to try and wipe it up with his hand he spilled a little more. This continued for a about three more trys before he gave up and wanted his hand cleaned up. It was just like a video clip we saw on America Funniest Home Videos where a boy kept spilling milk and trying to clean it up. I tried to catch a picture of it but by the time I thought to get my camera it was too late. If you have seen the video you will know what I mean. It was pretty funny. Today's one meeting went very well. We won't see him tommorrow. Olga has selected a couple church options for us so we are looking forward to going. Last night we ate at a really good Japanese place called Kobuki. The quality of the food was just as good as the ones we go to at home and it was cheaper (see picture). Today after the meeting we went to a shoping mall. It was nice. Not much different then any American mall. There were not any giant department stores in it. Mostly smaller specialized clothing stores....Versace, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi Strauss, etc. As I have said before clothes in general are much more expensive here. Especially if you buy trendy clothes. A $30 pair of Levi's at home sells for the equivalent of $110 here. We purchased a few small items and just had a relaxed stroll through the mall. We ate lunch at the food court (Sbarro). I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Hey Kids, just a couple more days until school is out! It is going to be fun when we get home. A few people have asked us about a welcome home party. I think it is a nice idea. There are many people who are interested in seeing Max and most of them could come to the party.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! We love seeing all of the pictures. A party would be a great idea! See you soon! LOve you
\Allison (I beat Aunt Kris posting!!!!)

Anonymous said...

HEY mom and dad I think that would be so cool to have a party when you guys get back!!!!!!!!!! I love you AMBER

Anonymous said...

The BBC is reporting of some political unrest and protests in Kiev. Hopefully it will all be settled down by the time you return there.

Judi Inge

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
It is 4:30AM Kiev time so I'm sure you guys are in bed. I hope you have a fun day planned for tomorrow and you can post some pictures of the areas you go to. I had a nice trip to Florida, but was really glad to get back home. I had some trouble getting on line while there, but Bluegreen will have all resorts on wireless DSL by the end of June 07. I really miss you all and I am looking forward to Amber, Colt and DJ coming next Wed. or Thurs. We have a fun summer planned for their week here. Teresa has offered her pool full time to them so maybe they won't miss Mamaw LaDonna's pool too much. Iris you are so fortunate to have such a loving mother -in-law. She kept me informed on your progress with the adoption while I was in Flordia. We both had a good happy cry when you sent the mesage that you and Jim were offically Max's parents. I can't wait to see you all, be safe and remember we are all praying for your quick return.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Love the pictures, the one with Iris and Max is so sweet. The girls had a camp out last night so I didn't get to be the first to leave a comment so I will let you have this one Aunt Allie, but DONT GET USE TO IT. HEHE. Kate & Brook are so bummed that ham colt & d.j. get out of school before them. I'm sure they will have a blast with each other. Kaitlin & Amber have been making plans already. I can't wait to seen the kids. I love & miss you I will see you real soon. Hugs & Kisses. Kris