Wednesday, May 30, 2007


Congratulations to Rex and Grace for finding the hidden message! I know it wasn't that tough. Maxim is a popular name here so several different shops carry the name. This one happens to be a small grocery/deli and it also sells DVDs and magazines. In the picture of me and Max, we are standing just outside the fence that surrounds the orphanage. It is most likely that he has never been outside this fence since he was brought here. He seemed very interested in what was going on. He has a whole new world in store for him in a couple more days! Today we went and purchased some gifts and supplies for the going away celebration for Maxims group and caregivers. We will celebrate a day early since the orphanage has already planned another celebration for Friday for the whole orphanage. It is a day to celebrate the protection of childrens rights. We are not sure yet how much we will be able to participate since we will be finalizing some paperwork (court decree, birth certificate, passport for Max etc.). Something humorous we have encountered several times that you may be interested in. Any time we are having trouble comunicating with the locals, they speak louder and slower. Guess what? We still don't understand Russian. That is primarily what they speak here since it is so close to Russia. I don't blame them I have done it myself many times but until you are on the other side of the language barrier you don't see the humor as much. Another observation...Man purses are common. Not brief cases or satchels, actual small handbags. I can't say too much though since I've been walking around the whole time with a fanny pack. We are still making the most of things. However, we are so glad that things have gone smoothly and we will get to come home soon. It rained today for the first time since we have been here. It was a brief shower and blew over quickly but it was nice. Maxims face has healed well and they tell us his finger is looking much better. It is always wrapped with gauze so we haven't gotten to see it since he injured it. I'm not sure how much we will be able to post between now and when we get back to Kiev so it could be Saturday or Sunday before I post again. I will try as much as I can. Keep checking. We enjoy the blog as much as you do so if we can post we will. We love you and will talk with you soon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have checked 5 times this morning and finally there is something new. I love Maxim's jean shorts. He looks really cute today, I also noticed that his hat is on backwards. Jim, I like the idea of mens purses. Bob is always asking me to carry things in my purse for him. I told him just the other day that guys need to carry purses. "Yea right", was his response. Everyone I show Max's picture to thinks he looks like Coleton as a baby. I can notice such a difference in lil Maxim's eyes since you all came together. He just looks happier than the 1st pictures you sent. The picture of him smiling with his mouth wide open made me smile. LaDonna is gong to bring Amber, Colt, and DJ to my house tomorrow. I am looking forward to spending time with them. Between Aunt Kris, Aunt Ali, and me we should be able to keep them worn out. Yea right! We will probably eat alot of Ponderosa, pizza and mexican food. I Love you both, see you soon. Be safe and be Happy.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Jim I want to wish you an early birthday. You may not post again until after Friday. How exciting Friday will be! I will be praying and thinking of you all day! Do you know yet what time you will be able to bring Maxim home with you on Friday? I would love to pray at that time! I am so excited for you all. What an awesome day it will be for Maxim to not have to leave you at all ever again! Good luck with all the paper work and the travels back to Kiev. I am already praying for a train ride and not a car ride!!! If that is any better!! Iris I miss you and can't wait to share in your mothering joy. You have that glow! I love you guys.
Colt,Amber,and DJ have fun at Mom-Mom's! Kyriq and Wyatt's last day is Tues.!YUCK! See you guys again soon! At Maxim's party or sooner, I hope. Oh ya Max's birthday, How awesome is another Feb. baby. Know Colt has a brother with a winter bday! Okay, Bye!

Anonymous said...

We prayed for you all tonight at church. We know everything is going to continue moving as smoothly as it has been. I love the picture of Max outside the fence. He is like a little sponge trying to see everything. Coleton is very excited that Casey and him are in the same class next year. I will continue praying for you guys and blessed traveling.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hey Aneszko's . I love the pics. I miss you guys so much. Me and Brooklynn leave for St. Louis in the morning so I wont be able to check whats going on with you guys. But I'm sure mom will let me know. Brook found out today that the kids were coming tomorrow. She said she didnt want to go on her trip because she wanted to see Ham, Colt, & D.J. she is crazy about her cousins. We will be back late Friday but I promised her I would take her straight to mom-moms. That will have to be good enough.:)Well I can't wait to see the kids. I will talk to you soon. I'm praying everything goes smoothly for you in Kiev. Hugs & kisses. Kris

Anonymous said...

hey anut I and uncle G i miss you and i cant wait until i get to meet my new cousin.I bet maxim is going to call me bork like amber,coleton and d.j. do. love ya
bork

Anonymous said...

Jim & Iris, keeping up with your journey may be the only vacation I get to take this year, thanks for the wonderful journal. Max is smiling from his heart, you can tell. I sending luck for your trip home and a wonderful reunion with your family. I know that they can not wait to get Max in their arms, he is already in their hearts.

Travel Safe!
Linda Jo

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You're coming home soon. We can hardly wait to meet little Max. I love the pics from the last few days. The one of Max with his mouth wide open reminds me of Rex at that age. Love you guys... keep posting. Allison

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

All of the pictures are great! I bet you guys can't wait until tomorrow. We can't wait to see you guys. Have a safe trip to Kiev!

Love,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

I swear Max gets happier everytime I see him! I also love his blue jean shorts - but I know that Colt and DJ will put him in a different pair of socks when he gets home - although Brittany says that "real men wear pink!" Anyways, I am so happy for you and can't wait to see you all. I talked to Sheila the other day and she said you all might want to have the party at church and that she would probably have it a week or two after you get home. So just let me know if I need to do anything, I'd be more than happy to! We love you and will pray for a safe trip home!